International students wanting to earn a MN state high school diploma from 太阳城官网 will need to attend 太阳城官方 for a minimum of three school years. This amount of time is required for international students to complete the required coursework for graduation 和 to attain English fluency in preparation for college. Graduating from 太阳城官方 和 earning an 太阳城官方 diploma can be extremely helpful in applying for 和 being accepted to an American college or university. 太阳城官方’s rigorous academic program is well-respected within higher education 和 the education international students receive prepares them for success in college. All international students will receive college counseling for the duration of their enrollment.
- It is recommended that new international students arrive in Minnesota by August 15, 大约在学年开始前10天. 在此期间, 国际学生将会适应他们的寄宿家庭, 适应时间的变化, 参加定向, 参加数学和英语分班考试, 创建课程表, 准备上课.
- It is recommended that returning international students arrive in Minnesota by August 20, 大约在学年开始前五天. Returning international students still need a few days to adjust to the time zone, 搬回他们的寄宿家庭, 为上学做准备.
- 国际学生应遵循 太阳城官方日历 缺勤政策.
- Two years of a world language are required for diploma-seeking international students.
- One year of the world language requirement is fulfilled when taking the ESL class during the first year a student is at 太阳城官方.
- There is no world language requirement for non-diploma-seeking international students.
太阳城官网对各种信仰的虔诚学生都很敏感. International students of any religion may observe religious holidays without penalty.
是的, students can stay over the summer 和 should notify the international student program coordinator of summer plans.
- International students 和 host families will work together to get 和 set-up a cell phone. The cost of the phone 和 service will be paid entirely by the international student. The international student should have an international bank card for use while in the United States. 如果没有, then the host family will assist the student in setting up a local checking account that natural parents can deposit money into for their international student.
Some international students use Visa or MasterCard debit/credit cards for purchases in addition to cash. Passports 和 other valuables can be kept with the International Student Coordinator if necessary. We strongly discourage international students from keeping large amounts of cash in their possession.
Minnesota has four distinct seasons: a warm summer with daily highs from 80-90° F, a winter with daily highs that average 10-20° F 和 a temperate spring 和 fall with highs averaging 40-60° F. International students will need clothing for all seasons 和 it is critical that they come prepared with a warm winter jacket, 靴子, 手套和帽子. Minnesota Weather Information >
Packing may seem like a simple task but when you are planning to stay far away from home this task can seem scary 和 overwhelming. A school supply list will be sent out by the division office during the summer, 但你可以在这里找到过去的榜单: 中学学习用品 和 高中学习用品. 除了, here are the essential items that international students may need when traveling to Minnesota: 完整装箱单.